My backyard has been a MAJOR work in progress for the past year. I am excited to say that after twelve long months of construction my backyard is finally in a state in which I can sit back and enjoy it! We contracted out the patio area where we had flagstone installed over the previously existing concrete, installed a fire pit, and erected a built-in BBQ.
 |
| Completed Patio Area |
Matt's favorite feature of the entire patio is the concrete counter-top which he helped pour and polish. He stained it by himself and I am more than satisfied with the beautiful result!
 |
| Gorgeous built-in BBQ with custom concrete counter-top |
Matt's second favorite feature is the redwood furniture that he bought and stained himself. The table was actually created using blueprints Matt created himself. We don't have chairs for the table yet....that's on the to-do list this weekend :-)
 |
| Custom-made redwood patio furniture |
My contribution to the backyard has been a bit more colorful, edible, and well...organic. In other words....gardening! With the house we inherited grapevines, an apple tree, a peach tree, an orange tree, and a beautiful, yet wild rose bush/tree/thing. Honestly, I'm still figuring out how much pruning and watering each of these plants need. It is yet to be seen if I have my Father's green thumb.
 |
| Grapes! |
 |
| Rose bush/tree/thing |
I have also been working hard planting the plants that I want. The first thing I did when I moved into this house a year and a half ago was to plant three olallieberry vines...and they are THRIVING!!!! I should have delicious berries within the month.
 |
| Olallieberry vines |
My friend Chris helped me plant some more colorful additions to the yard. I have two hydrangea bushes, two azalea bushes, and a bunch of other pretty stuff that I have no idea how to identify. I love everything but I'll wait a few weeks for the flowers to fill out before posting pictures.
 |
| Hydrangea bush |
As much as I love all the pretty new flowers and impressive handiwork around the yard and patio, my favorite view is still my beautiful daughter. We pulled out the pool today and she entertained herself for a good forty minutes while I tended to my flowers and trees etc. She's such a good girl :-)
 |
| Savannah enjoying her swimming pool |
 |
| Savannah sitting in Daddy's new patio chairs |
Pictures don't do justice, so please come visit!!!! We didn't do all this work and spend all this money to keep it to ourselves. We have a huge table, a great BBQ, a very enjoyable fire pit, and a large lawn...and NO CONSTRUCTION!!!!! Wahoo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment